1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For every glitter purchase made this month, you will receive a surprise glitter gift as a token of our appreciation.

What will it be? We can't tell you, but it will be sparkly and FREE!

Go ahead and make your glitter purchases to take advantage of this special offer!
    Dismiss Notice

How to help my daughter

Discussion in 'Guest Board' started by Unregistered, Oct 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I just received a phone call from my college age daughter telling me she had an abortion last week. She was so upset that her father and I would disown her and I told her repeatedly that we loved her, no matter what, and would never turn away from her. We are going to visit her for the weekend and I don't really know how to handle this situation. Part of me wants to bring her home, but in reality, I know she has to work through this on her own. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you ... SilverHawk

2. ~Karen~

~Karen~ ✿*¨✿¨*✿*¨✿¨*✿*¨✿¨*✿ SuperMod ~ Volunteer Manager ~ Super Moderator Alumni Volunteer

Please join our boards and create an account, the guest board is only seen by admins and our support team, but not other members. You'd also have access to a whole host of boards and posts to read.

Although she may want to work through it on her own, she may also need to know that she has the support from you if she needs it, and that if she knows that you're there and are being a support it will help immensely. She took a big step in telling you, so many cannot reach out to people they know and then suffer in silence. I couldn't tell my own Mum for similar reasons, even though I KNOW that she wouldn't have disowned me, I still couldn't do it.

Do feel able to share our site with her too - it can be a valuable source of support :)

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thank you, I will register now.

4. ~Karen~

~Karen~ ✿*¨✿¨*✿*¨✿¨*✿*¨✿¨*✿ SuperMod ~ Volunteer Manager ~ Super Moderator Alumni Volunteer

5. Twin Flame

Twin Flame ...that place between sleep and awake... Alumni Volunteer Wave

I just wanted to say what an awesome mom you are for supporting her. Like Karen, I cannot tell my own mother/parents. I would not be supported and it would become about her. Your daughter is fortunate.

6. Miss Chip

Miss Chip Self confessed chocoholic! Staff Member Administrator Moderator SRG Leader Technical Administrator Tech Support SRG A5 SRG C5 SRG D5 SRG E5 SRG F5 Emerald England

Just niping in to say that I have replied to your post on the main boards if you are able to still see this.