1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For every glitter purchase made this month, you will receive a surprise glitter gift as a token of our appreciation.

What will it be? We can't tell you, but it will be sparkly and FREE!

Go ahead and make your glitter purchases to take advantage of this special offer!
    Dismiss Notice

[Question?] Missed Check Up Appointment :/

Discussion in 'Guest Board' started by Unregistered, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

So the clinic I visited to have my medical abortion told me the wrong appointment time for my follow up appointment. I had gone there and they told me the doctor had already left and I would have to reschedule. I live out of town and that is not possible and they would not see me.

I was told that the follow up appointment was very important and I am definitely worried. From what I have read and learned I think everything went fine and I have been back to my normal schedule already. It has been a week since my abortion and everything that I have heard and been told about the abortion has happened but I need to know if I am ok.

I was told no sex or anything for 1 week-4 weeks and I do not know what is ok.
    When will I be able to have sex or wear a tampon again? Because the last time I wore a pad was in 8th grade and I hate pads and would love to have sex with my boyfriend again.

I have missed a few of the antibiotics I was supposed to take, only about twice, but I do not know if that is going to hurt me. How at risk of infection am I?

If there is anything else I need to know I would greatly appreciate some answers because I do not have time to go back for the appointment and I do not have any places in town easily available. Thanks.

2. ~Karen~

~Karen~ ✿*¨✿¨*✿*¨✿¨*✿*¨✿¨*✿ SuperMod ~ Volunteer Manager ~ Super Moderator Alumni Volunteer

Hi, you've found your way to our guest board, and if you wish to have peer support through this time post abortion then please do make an account and sign up. As we are a peer support board, we are not able to give medical advice. But with regards to the follow up appointment, it is an important check up and if there's a way to reschedule, or see your regular GP ob/gyn then you really should do so.

Most check ups occur 2-4 weeks post abortion and as such, a lot of women are recommended to avoid sex until they have had that check up, but specifically to allow the cervix to close (this is where the chance of infection comes in which if you have sex too early puts you at risk)

The only real way you will find you are ok, is by attending for a check up so its important to re-schedule or to see someone. We aren't able to tell you whether you would or would not be ok or even what risk you are at, but everyone can be at risk if they do not follow the instructions given to them and also if they do not take the medication or attend the follow up accordingly. As you say that you've also missed antibiotics that were prescribed, which are there again, to avoid any infection, we would always recommend that you get things checked out to get the official "ok".

Unfortunately, we cannot give you the answers that you want, and it may be a case of finding time to do something, which is for the good of your physical health post abortion \h