1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For every glitter purchase made this month, you will receive a surprise glitter gift as a token of our appreciation.

What will it be? We can't tell you, but it will be sparkly and FREE!

Go ahead and make your glitter purchases to take advantage of this special offer!
    Dismiss Notice

Not doing too well....

Discussion in 'Guest Board' started by La612, Sep 12, 2013.

1. La612

La612 New Member

I downloaded the book on my Kindle and read the stories in the back. Im 35 and found myself in this abortion hurricane. My actual abortion was painless I was 7 weeks. The emotional aftereffects are horrible. I registered here but dont have permission for anything but the guest board. I need tips on how to cope with the emotional after effects its been 3 months since my abortion.

2. strawberryfields1

strawberryfields1 If you gave me a chance I would take it, it's a sh Alumni Volunteer

Hey and welcome to passboards! To guard against spam and the like each member is manually approved by one of our senior volunteers. I hope that you can log in and start reading/writing posts on this forum very soon.

I know what you mean about the emotional aftereffects. It is awful I think that they don't warn you really about this before hand!

One of the best things you can do is to post and connect with other people with similar situations on here. I have been here nearly a year and it has really helped me knowing that I'm not alone in what I'm feeling.

Also try to talk to people in real life either through counselling (could try google for post abortion counselling in your area) and talking to friends/family.

I know it's hard but try not to isolate yourself socially. Going out and spending time with friends/family really can improve your mood and help you cope with this.

Look after yourself physically. Make sure you eat right and drink enough water. Exersize (even if just a short walk around the block) releases stress busting chemicals.

Another important factor is time. We have a saying here that PASS will pass. I know each day probably seems like a year right now but as time goes on and with work and support these feelings should ease.

xx

3. La612

La612 New Member

Thank You so much for your response. I just completed PACE counseling and it helped some.

4. Miss Chip

Miss Chip Self confessed chocoholic! Staff Member Administrator Moderator SRG Leader Technical Administrator Tech Support SRG A5 SRG C5 SRG D5 SRG E5 SRG F5 Emerald England

I'm glad it helped a little. It'll also give you the tools to carry on helping yourself feel even more better.

Your account is still awaiting e-mail activation, if you haven't received it yet take a look here and you'll be able to get it resent
    http://passboards.org/showthread.php?t=107318

5. La612

La612 New Member

Thank you Ms. Chip your stickers and things on your page are beautiful. I hope to become well enough to honor my little man. I was so hormonal so I entered the wrong email address on my registration.

6. Miss Chip

Miss Chip Self confessed chocoholic! Staff Member Administrator Moderator SRG Leader Technical Administrator Tech Support SRG A5 SRG C5 SRG D5 SRG E5 SRG F5 Emerald England

Oh no! Have you managed to get it right? If not then I can get tech support to help you out.

And thank you. One day you will be able to honor your angel I'm sure.

7. La612

La612 New Member

Your welcom Ms. Chip. I went back to a link that was posted on a board and put my correct email in the box. Hopefully it will take. I feel better but its definatley a struggle. Im so distant now. I used to have such a light in my eyes. Its definately dimmer. But Im giving 100% to my recovery.

8. Miss Chip

Dealing with it head on now will benefit you in the long run. Good for you for taking the step. If you ever need anything feel free to PM me.