1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For every glitter purchase made this month, you will receive a surprise glitter gift as a token of our appreciation.

What will it be? We can't tell you, but it will be sparkly and FREE!

Go ahead and make your glitter purchases to take advantage of this special offer!
    Dismiss Notice

Not sure where to begin..

Discussion in 'Guest Board' started by Unregistered, Apr 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I had an abortion (which is still so hard for me to say) about 2 years ago, which I know is a long time ago. When it was done I was with my partner for only about 5 months at the time and coming from a strict background, I felt it was my only option. Straight after, I felt okay surprisingly, I went back to work, I socialized, I cried a lot but only when I discussed it with my close friends.

Now, I have major feelings of loss and regret, I am at an age where people are having babies all around me and I feel awful, especially when I can't enjoy my best friends pregnancy with her. I think about what could have been and have illogical feelings like, just because I had it, I won't be able to fall pregnant again.

Are there people out there that have felt like this so long after, what can I do to be okay about all of this?

2. ~Karen~

~Karen~ ✿*¨✿¨*✿*¨✿¨*✿*¨✿¨*✿ SuperMod ~ Volunteer Manager ~ Super Moderator Alumni Volunteer

Yes, there are many people who feel as you do - you aren't alone. Please do sign up to join the boards and create an account, you will find that you are among many women, in a neutral supportive environment, along with lots of ways on how you can work through how you feel. Your thoughts, your feelings are all normal, all common - you aren't alone.

Please join us :)

3. Natalia

Natalia Chatterbox Alumni Volunteer

Yes for sure. I had my abortion at 19 and only started with regret some 6 years later. Please sign up and join our group here at PASS boards

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I had mine in December 2012. I feel the same way. I think I did make the right choice but all I did after was cry. I am married to the same man now and we plan on having kids in the near future. I still cry when I feel alone and sad. I think about how much joy my life could have had but than I think of my strict family and maybe we wouldn't have the life we have now. or maybe I wouldn't be a good mom because we would be struggling financially. I think I have learnt that it is normal to be upset and cry years after. We just have to believe we did the right thing. I don't think we will magically heal without the support of one another and a loss is a loss...it will always be there just surround yourself with loved ones. It is hard...I know. I don't talk to my husband about it. I think it would upset him seeing how upset I am. I just cry silently. I brought it up jokingly once and he dismissed it. I am sure he hurts too, but he rather not talk I am guessing. It is difficult and you are not alone.

5. Twin Flame

Twin Flame ...that place between sleep and awake... Alumni Volunteer Wave

You've found the right place. Please consider joining. :hug: