1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For every glitter purchase made this month, you will receive a surprise glitter gift as a token of our appreciation.

What will it be? We can't tell you, but it will be sparkly and FREE!

Go ahead and make your glitter purchases to take advantage of this special offer!
    Dismiss Notice

[Question?] Post Surgical Abortion question

Discussion in 'Guest Board' started by Unregistered, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I'm 30; I had a surgical abortion on June 13, 2014. I had my abortion at 11 weeks, 6 days. I followed the instructions from the doctor, started a new birth control pack on the Sunday following the procedure as directed, went to my follow up appointment on June 24; Doctor said everything was good. However, I just completed my first month of birth control on Saturday July 12 and I still have not started my period. Is this normal?

I know that it's just a month and 2 days (4 weeks) since the procedure and they say your period should start 4-8 weeks following the procedure, but should I be worried?

2. Miss Chip

Miss Chip Self confessed chocoholic! Staff Member Administrator Technical Administrator Moderator SRG Leader Tech Support SRG A5 SRG C5 SRG D5 SRG E5 SRG F5 SRG H5 Emerald

Hello there. It can be quite common for the first period to be delayed as your body is adjusting back to normal. And with the pills (I'm assuming they are the pills) it may again take a couple of months to get into a regular cycle so bundle the two together and it could take a month or two. Give it another couple of weeks and see what happens.

Please feel free to create an account here at PASS. There are some lovely women on the other side :)