1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For every glitter purchase made this month, you will receive a surprise glitter gift as a token of our appreciation.

What will it be? We can't tell you, but it will be sparkly and FREE!

Go ahead and make your glitter purchases to take advantage of this special offer!
    Dismiss Notice

Research for Social Workers

Discussion in 'Guest Board' started by kbrich, Apr 1, 2014.

1. kbrich

kbrich Guest

My name is Kelsey Griggs and I am a graduate student at Valdosta State University in Valdosta, GA. I am working on my Master's in Social Work. I am currently taking a class on Loss and Bereavement. I have a research paper to write on a topic of my choice and I have chosen to complete my paper on the loss and grief that can be experienced by a woman after having an abortion. Part of my assignment is to interview two people who have experienced the loss. I am contacting you to ask if there is anyone willing to allow me to interview them. The interview does not have to be in person and can be done over the phone, Skype, private messaging or something similar. I will use the utmost confidentiality and ensure to protect their identity or the interview can be completely anonymous.
    I am posting this here to ask for permission before even registering for the site because I realize this is a very sensitive issue. I am hopeful that you can help me to educate my classmates and myself on the loss and grief that can be experienced by a woman after an abortion. If there is a woman at a place in her journey who is willing and agrees to be connected with me please let me know. I can provide my contact information. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me in helping to further the understanding of how social workers can help women who have experienced an abortion.

2. dontwantaname

dontwantaname ...all things must pass.. Alumni Volunteer

Hi, I've had more than one abortion, but I'm happy to help out, I probably would only be able to interview via private message though. I've actually studied social work, and I think abortion is a great case study to use for a bereavement and loss research paper. I know I definitely appreciate that you are taking the time to research, and learn about the loss that we have all experienced. There are never enough therapists that know how to handle a woman who has suffered an abortion, and the fact that you are reaching out to try, I think you'll make a great social worker.

Please let me know if I can help x

3. ~Karen~

~Karen~ ✿*¨✿¨*✿*¨✿¨*✿*¨✿¨*✿ SuperMod ~ Volunteer Manager ~ Super Moderator Alumni Volunteer

You are ok to register for an account, but there are strict guidelines as to where you can post and the way in which you request information.

This is the information from the Research board which if you need help to find when you register then please Private Message me.

If you have any questions about anything at all, then please do make contact before you post, if you need anything further, I'm more than willing to help with questions or any contact, having had my ab many years ago and worked through the grief, but remaining here to help those where I was, I'm more than happy to help :)

4. Cheesehead

Cheesehead Well-Known Member Alumni Volunteer

Hi Kelsey. I would also be willing to participate. I appreciate that you selected this topic. Feel free to PM me once you are all set up.

5. tigerlilly

tigerlilly If you're going through hell, keep going Alumni Volunteer

Hey hun :)

I'd also be willing to do this although I would prefer it to be done via private messaging...

I am at a place in my journey where I think it would be beneficial to me as well as yourself.

Feel free to PM me x

6. east13

east13 Chatterbox Alumni Volunteer

Looks like you have enough volunteers, but if you need more information I'm happy to help as well. I think it's a great way to find out what REALLY happens after having an ab. Good luck with your paper!

7. firebubbles310

firebubbles310 Member Alumni Volunteer

If you still need volunteers I am more than willing to help. PM me and let me know I love helping people with education!

8. Twin Flame

Twin Flame ...that place between sleep and awake... Alumni Volunteer Wave

If you still need volunteers, please PM me via Passboards. My abortion was nearly 22years ago, I'm healed and don't regret it, but I did have PASS.

9. suddenlysad

suddenlysad It’s possible to heal. Keep at it. Alumni Volunteer

Good luck with your paper and I hope you're able to represent us in a good light...

If you still need volunteers let me know

10. Äiti

Äiti Dedicated Member Staff Member Moderator SRG C5 October Teddy Emerald

I could help too, though only by private messaging. Good luck with your paper!